Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How effective is laser dermatology on acne and acne scar removal for the body?

I am 21 years old and am plagued by body acne (mostly scars, but still some bumps) on my chest, all over my back, and I think it is starting to move lower, since I found a couple of bumps on my buttocks area and leg. I used to have mountains of big red bumps on my face, but those have subsided a few years ago and left only light scaring on the cheeks and neck.While my face looks much better than it did throughout high school, my body acne has prevented from taking my shirt off in public for the past 4 or 5 years.


I've tried everything, including accutane, which very mildly reduced the bumps, but after 5 months gave me no noticeable improvements.


I am about 6'3'; 180 lbs, male, and I eat healthily. I live in Los Angeles and have heard many commercials about LDI (Laser Dermatology Institute) which claims to remove acne scars. I was wondering if anyone has received this treatment on severe acne or if anyone knows how effective it is, how long it takes to work, if results last, etc.How effective is laser dermatology on acne and acne scar removal for the body?
Well, if by the bumps, you mean little keloids, then I dont think laser dermatology is a good option for you.


I say this because I have the same problem. I have little keloids on my back and they just dont go away.Ive also taken accutane and everything, but although my face is smooth and clear, and my back doesnt have any break outs, the bumps are still there. What my dermatologist advised was injections in the bumps, these injections arent as expensive as laser and they have flattened the bumps out a lot. Also, the bumps were dark brown for me, and after the injections, they have become pinkish or light brown.


So, Id suggest you talk to your derm first before going for laser, cuz Ive heard that keloid scars should not even be exposed to laser.


Take Care!

No comments:

Post a Comment