Sunday, December 13, 2009

Is laser treatment good for acne scar removal?

My girlfriend is considering getting pixel laser treatment to remove some minor acne scarring that she has on her face. I don't know much about it and I would like to know more before she signs up for the treatment. What about the side affects? I have read that your face looks very burned afterwards. Is laser treatment good for acne scar removal?
I have had my face laser resurfaced twice and it has improved my acne scarring by about 50%. You should go and see a dermatologist to get more information about it.Is laser treatment good for acne scar removal?
Acne - Acne Scars and Their Treatment





The unsightly appearance of acne lesions or pimples isn't the only potential problem with the disease, unfortunately. In some cases, it's possible for acne to leave permanent scars.





Some conditions may appear to be scars that are not. Macules and other bumps can occur even after acne is treated. Redness may persist for up to a year. But these aren't true scars. They're not permanent.





True scars are a permanent change to skin tissue produced by the healing process itself, chiefly creating fibrous tissue. As white blood cells attack bacteria they can produce changes in underlying skin cells in the surrounding area. This is one way scars become permanent.





They may also not be limited to areas under the surface.





So-called icepick scars are small pinholes that form in the surface of the skin. They look as if the skin has been poked with an icepick, hence the name. They're typically too deep to be treated with simple dermabrasion or even laser resurfacing.





Boxcar scars are similar, except they tend to be flatter on the bottom, rather than narrowing to a point like icepick scars. Since they're often shallower they can sometimes be treated with resurfacing techniques.





Keloid scars are firm and grow beyond the site of the injury. They're characterized by an excess production of collagen. They often result in a shiny pink or red scar.





Prevention is the best option, of course. But when that's not possible, there are a number of standard treatments.
A ten-year acne sufferer myself, I will show you how I cured my acne condition in 3 days the natural way, saved myself from further scarring, and stopped wasting my money on expensive medications and over-the-counter products!


For, More Information, http://www.health96.com/acne/acnefree.htm
She is going to have the top layer of skin layer zapped off, its going to be painful, bleeding and swollen. It takes weeks to heal, I've seen it done to someone on extreme makeover.

No comments:

Post a Comment